Friday, July 8, 2011

Thankful

This week I have had a little rain cloud hanging over me. 
Ever since the Casey Anthony verdict was announced, I just keep asking questions like:

"Why was someone like her allowed to have children, when there are so many deserving couples/women out there who want children but can't have them, for one reason or another?"
"Why do people who do bad things sometimes appear to get rewarded?" 
"How could God let that happen to that little girl??"

All of these feelings have brought me to tears 
and made my heart very heavy.
The more I looked at my children, 
the more my heart went out to little Caylee.

A friend that was visiting me one day was holding Dallas and asked "How can you ever have a bad day when you get to look at this little face all day??" 
It really got me thinking. 
How is it possible to have a bad day, when I get to be my boys' "superhero" every time I fix the chain on Caydon's bike, or get told "Mom, this is, like awesome!" when I take Caydon to get an ICEE (his favorite treat), or when Dallas hugs me for two minutes straight and pats me on the back. 
Those are the moments that I live for.
The moments that make all of the temper tantrums, multiple-poopy-diapers-in-a-day, sleep-deprived nights worth it. 
Today, I am thankful for many things. I am thankful that I was raised in a home with a mom and dad and family who loved me and taught me the Gospel. I am thankful that I found a worthy husband to marry and have a family with. I am thankful that I have never experienced fertility problems. I am thankful that so far I have had extremely healthy children that have not required hospital visits. I am thankful that I get to stay at home with my kids and get to experience all of life's firsts with them, and be there for their every smile and tear. I am thankful that I have a beautiful place to call home.
I am thankful.

My heart goes out to all the children out there whose parents do not view being a parent as a blessing. 

2 comments:

kendra joy said...

So true. Thanks for the reminder. I'm in that tantrum stage with Blakeley & it's not too fun sometimes. She is super sweet though & I love her & I'm grateful to be a Mommy! Wish we could do playdates! Your boys are absolutely adorable by the way.

lesley said...

Very sweet post. You should have been a writer Jenny...you're so good at portraying your thoughts on "paper." It always feel so sincere.

I Miss you!