This past month we have had several losses in the family. Two of our chickens have gone to heaven. They were in our family for but a small moment in time, but we will treasure the time we had with them. It is very unfortunate how they died, but I am told that it is just the circle of life, living and dying. Some things are out of our control. I will not say names (starts with an "R"...ends with an "oxy"), nor will I hold grudges. Luckily we still have two chickens left, Princess Aurora, and Chicken #4 (un-named at this point in time) to help soften the blow. I may or may not have shed some tears when our Grace died. What's ironic, is that we named her "Grace" because she had already had a few close encounters with the culprit, who will remain nameless.
We will miss you Grace. Not sure if this is you in this picture, but all you chickens look the same.
And lastly, Kempton's parents' horse Zipper passed away peacefully this month. We are happy that she lived a full, long life and was able to give our children (and even me) lots of horse rides around the property.
Rest in peace, Grace, chicken #2, and Zipper.
We believe there is a special animal heaven just for you!
On a lighter note, Happy July!!! Bring on the fireworks!!!



1 comment:
Oh no! Not another chicken! Sorry, Jenny :(
Post a Comment