Most of you all know that I am from Texas and Texans have been known to have a lot of pride. So last night, I turned to my hubby and said:
"I'm kind of worried about our kids going to school in Florida because Florida doesn't have as good as schools as Texas does."
So, I've learned that Floridians (which is where my hubby is from) also have a lot of pride (Maybe it's just a southern thing?) So sure enough what do we do? We google it. Google is amazing! I think that's my favorite saying these days..."Google it." That's what I'm gonna tell my kids when they start asking questions like 'why is the sky blue?' or 'where do babies come from?'
What do we find? Sure enough, his high school (H.B. Plant in Tampa, FL) is ranked #71 on Newsweeks 2008 Top High Schools in the US. Where is my high school...good ol' Fossil Ridge? Not even on the list.
I, Jennifer Lynn Williams, stand corrected.
***Disclaimer: I'm still proud to have gone to Fossil Ridge! Go panthers! And something a little ironic is that both of our high school's colors were black and gold, and the mascot was the panther. How coincidental?!?***
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
All I remember about school in Florida is that there were no gyms, just blacktops and fields. I came to Texas and actually had to have PE indoors!
Well, Kempton, you may win this battle, but Fossil Ridge was pretty cool as well. Jenny, how are you doing? We are going down to Texas Aug 7th-18th, so I think that is while you will be there too. Lets get together and plan a play date. Maybe we can even go up to the pool and let the little ones swim some. Sorry I haven't been able to get together with you, I have been crazy with school- there is just project after project due. I am done at the end of this month, though, so if yall are still in Utah, we need to plan a play date the first week of August.
funny- I guess Michigan trumps Fl- so John is always rubbing that one in...."in michigan-blah blah blah..."
oh p.s, Fossil Ridge wasn't even in the TOP 1300 schools...ouch
-kempton
Ha ha...we are always telling our kids, "go google it!" - not that we actually want them to...heaven knows what will come up, but it is fun to say!!
p.s. it was good to see you last week. Your little boy is a cutie!
Post a Comment