Sunday, February 17, 2008

My Birthing Experience

Now that it's been almost two weeks, I figured it's time to post about our birthing experience. Kempton and I reported to the hospital Monday night, Feb. 4th for my "cervical ripening process" (sounds a lot worse than it was, I just had to put a tiny pill in my mouth every three hours). Luckily it was a success and at 7:45am Tuesday morning I had dialated to a 3 and they decided that I did not need pitocin since my body was contracting on it's own. At 8am my water broke, by 10:30am I was asking for an epidural but the anathesiologist was in the middle of a c-section, so the midwife had me start pushing and Caydon was out by 11:15am. Everyone was shocked, including Kempton and I. We are so thankful it happened so fast and that both Caydon and I were safe and healthy! Oh, and for those of you who are wondering, the contractions hurt a lot worse than the pushing!!

3 comments:

andi said...

Still impressive! Can I just get an epidural the minute I get pregnant?

Danica Osborn said...

what a rock star! glad to hear things went so smoothly. judging from all the pictures you've had a lot of love and visitors. what an exciting time! hope you're loving life--he's a doll!

Courtney said...

Congrats!! He is so cute. And way to go without an epidural!
-Courtney Auten